Does anybody use PDO CRUD from CodeCanyon? Well, I do.
Unfortunately, there are some limitation you can see from this demo. What was that? Well, here they are:
- There are no “Port” setting in config file, so that if you are using MySQL with port other than 3306, you cannot adjust it from config file.
When a single record deleted in the last page until all of the records in that page are deleted, or even all the selected records in that last page are deleted, then the UI will be broken. There are error messages as follow:
- Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in xxx\script\classes\PDOCrud.php on line 2987 - Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in xxx\script\classes\PDOCrud.php on line 2987
- When you click a column header for the very first time, then data in that column will be sorted Ascending, but the icon in column header display as Descending sort. This is very very bad user experiences!
- Sort icon in header column does not retain after browsing the records to another page via pagination. End-users will not know what is the last column that being sorted, and this is a bad user experiences.
- The selected record per page does not retain after browsing the records to another page via pagination. End users will not know what is last record per page that selected, and this is a bad user experiences.
- The selected column in Search panel does not retain after browsing the records to another page via pagination. End users will not know what is last selected column that used for searching, and this is a bad user experiences.
- The search term does not retain after browsing the records to another page via pagination. End users will not know what is last search terms that used for searching, and this is a bad user experiences.
- There are no Reset Search button to remove the search criteria including to remove the field sort setting. Users will have to select All for Search Column and remove the Search Terms, after that click on Go button. This is of course a bad user experiences, too.
So I made some customization/modification to the original scripts. You can see The Customization Demo from this link.
As you can see, from my Customization Demo above, and after comparing the Original Demo with my demo above, here are the changes I made:
- Added “Port” setting in config file. This is very useful if you use port other than 3306 for your MySQL Server.
- Added another options in Records per Page select control in Pagination section. By default the options are 10, 25, 50, 100, ALL. Now it becomes: 1, 3, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, ALL. This is very useful if you want to display the records fewer than 10 in a current page.
- Added the ability to auto select Records per Page that chosen by users for the very last time. This is very useful if you browse the records to another page, then you will be easy to know how many records displayed in per page.
- Fixed error if a record is deleted or some selected records are deleted in the last page until there are no records anymore in that last page. This fixes is very useful to remove the error that found above, and of course this error should not be displayed in the page.
- Added the ability to remember the last field that sort (order by) whether ASC or DESC. This is very useful if you browse the records to another page, then you will know which field in the table that is being currently sorted.
- Improved the sort icon, now will be sorted according to the current sort. Icon Asc for Ascending sort; icon Desc for Descending sort.
- Improved toggle sort that will be applied to another column. For example, when you click on the very first time in Customer_Name column it will sort Asc, and then when you click on Customer_Address column it will sort Desc in the Customer_Address column, and so forth.
- Added the ability to remember the selected Column in Search Panel. This is very useful if you browse the records to another page, then you will know which column is used as one of Field param in Search Panel.
- Added the ability to remember the search terms in Search Panel. This is very useful if you browse the records to another page, then you will know the search terms that already entered before.
- Added Reset Search button to reset the search criteria (remove the selected search column and search terms) from Search Panel. This also will remove the last sort status in a column. This is very useful if you want to display all the records in the table as initialized when a page is being loaded.
- Changed the icon for Delete Selected Records from Cross to Trash. This change will more make sense to see the Trash icon for deleting record instead of Cross icon. Cross icon should be used to reset the table to the initial state. This is very useful to distinguish the two different functionalities.
- Added Indonesian translation file. Of course you may also add your own language based on the existing language files available. This is very useful to know how you should be able to implement multi-language for your PDO CRUD web applications.
I customized this PDO SCRUD script for version 4.6.1. The author of this script is Pritesh Gupta. So, make sure you have already bought this script from CodeCanyon (see the link in the first paragraph above).
So, my question is: Who Wants This Customization Version of PDO CRUD?. Are you interested in this customized version? Yeah, you will see this change after buying this customized version from me.
For your information, I did not sell this script. I just offered you the service for the customization for PDO CRUD. So, again, make sure you have already purchased/bought this script from CodeCanyon website above. After that, if you are obviously interested with this customized version, then you may buy this customized version from me.
Just drop me an email to masino[dot]sinaga[at]gmail[dot]com okay? 😉